Monday, June 3, 2013

My first real night out

I have had such a great past 48 hours, full of new experiences and new friends. On Saturday night I went out with a few of the Ball State crew. We went to two new pubs/bars. The first was the Big Tree where we met a bunch of new Irish folk and got to dance and sing to American classics such as "Don't Stop Believing" and "Stacey's Mom." Laura and I owned the empty stage and just danced.

 Later, we went to another place called the Porterhouse. Here, Laura and I felt a bit out of place. We were dressed pretty casual, in leggings and cute tops. When we got into the pub we realized everyone was wearing skin tight dresses and high heels... um what? Was not ready for that but oh well, we still enjoyed some drinks and had a great time.

At the Porterhouse I made my first Irish friends. A few Irish guys, around our age, approached us and we made friends. I found it funny that I made friends with them by sort of making fun (or slagging as they say in Ireland) them. I was trying to use their lingo and they loved it, thought it was hilarious.

With these Irish guys were two American girls who were such gems. They became our friends right of the bat and we ended up going back to the apartment of one of the guys because that was where the girls were staying. We stayed the night there and they had quite the adventure back to our apartments the next day.

Experiencing my first day without a map and being lost in Dublin was quite interesting. I'm very glad I had Laura with me. Here in Dublin, they don't use a lot of street signs. Even after talking to one of the other BSU students about where we should go and what streets we should take, we still got lost because there was no way of knowing which street was what. This is something that I need to get used to with Dublin, I need to start picking out landmarks to know my way around instead of by streets.

Overall, it was a great first real night out in Dublin and I can't wait to experience more. OH! And I exchanged numbers with a cuuuuuute Irish guy who wants to go get drinks in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment